Charles is...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

He's Here!

Charles Sebastian was born on January 18th at 3:26 AM. He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and measured 21 inches long. He's beautiful; even from Day 1 he hasn't looked like a newborn. (At his first well-baby checkup last Friday, he was 8 lbs 8 oz and 21.5 inches.)
I've learned so much these past few weeks. Being a mother is incredibly rewarding and incredibly challenging. I've laughed a lot. I've cried a lot too. My heart is so full.
Trevvor continues to astound me with his wonderfulness. He has taken to daddy-hood even better than I expected (and I always knew he would be a great one). His tenderness with and delight in Charles is incredible to see.
The first week after he was born, Trevvor took paternity leave. The second week, my awesome mother-in-law stayed with us. This week, I'm on my own. The past couple of days have been peaceful, but hard. My life is so different now (not that I was really expecting otherwise), and it's exhausting making all the mental adjustments to include this precious little guy in all the details of the day and plans for the future. But that's a small price to pay for having this tiny bundle in my arms, nursing contentedly and already growing way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." - Ephesians 4:29

Popular Posts